I don’t know what was going on at the Dunk last night, but when I walked home at around 10:30pm, there were cars EVERYWHERE. See the photo above of cars jammed into every inch of the Old Circular Gas Station parking lot (cars were busting out of the seems onto the sidewalk on the Atwells side as well, against the law).
So could none of these people have taken a bus and saved themselves the expense and annoyance of parking?
Well, maybe not:
- If your bus were the 35 to Rumford you’d be out of luck, the last bus leaves Providence at 7:00pm.
- Live up Atwells toward Academy Avenue? The last bus leaves Kennedy Plaza at 7:30pm.
- Douglas Avenue? Last bus out is at 9:40pm.
- 30 Oaklawn, last bus 9:15pm.
- Live in Attelboro, Seekonk, Swansea, Rehoboth, Fall River..? sorry, no bus for you.
As much as it would be nice to encourage people to ride RIPTA, for many people hoping to enjoy our fair city’s culture and nightlife, it is simply not an option.