Notice of Regular Meeting • Tuesday, April 21, 2009 • 4:45pm
Department of Planning and Development , 4th Floor Auditorium
400 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Meeting Minutes: March 17, 2009
City Council Referral
1. Referral 3316 – Petition to Abandon a Portion of Niagara Street Petition to abandon a portion of Niagara Street between Rodman Street and Early Street for use as a community garden. This portion of Niagara Street is currently covered over by grass and is part of a green space. (Elmwood)
2. Case No. 04-053MI – 5 Cooke Street (AP 17, LOT 266) Request to subdivide the existing 12,708-sf lot (zoned R-1) with an existing single family dwelling into one lot of 6,708-sf and one lot of 6,000-sf. The subject property is located at the northwest corner of Cooke Street and Power Street. Remanded by Superior Court following an appeal of the CPC’s action on February 28, 2006. (continued from the CPC meeting on March 17, 2009) (College Hill)
Land Development Projects
3. Case No. 08-037MA – 460 Harris Avenue (Public Hearing) Request for Preliminary Plan approval for the proposal to renovate the existing building and to construct a new 4-story building as part of the plan to redevelop the site into a commercial development. The subject property is located on the east side of Harris Avenue near the intersection of Atwells Avenue (AP 33, Lot 700). (Olneyville)
4. Case No. 09-002MA – 175 Broad Street (Public Informational Meeting) Request for Master Plan stage of approval for the proposed commercial development of the property located at 175 Broad Street. The subject property is bounded by Service Road No. 7, Broad Street and Cahir Street (AP 24, Lot 603). (continued from the CPC meeting on March 17, 2009) (Upper South Providence)
5. Case No. 09-007MA – 393 Broad Street (Public Informational Meeting) Request for Master Plan stage of approval for the proposed performing arts charter school to be located at 393 Broad Street. The plan includes restoration of the Trinity United Methodist Church Theater Annex, construction of a new school building, and installation of a Photo-Voltaic field in the parking lot. The subject property is bounded by Bridgham, Broad and Central Streets (AP 30, Lots 505, 643 and 650). (West End)
Development Review Regulations
6. Revisions to the City Plan Commission’s (CPC) Development Review Regulations Presentation of the Department of Planning and Development’s proposed revisions to the CPC’s Development Review Regulations. These changes are proposed to ensure consistency with Rhode Island State Law and Providence Tomorrow: The Interim Comprehensive Plan.
Oh jeeze. Not Cooke and Power AGAIN. What a nightmare.
ProJo reports on the proposed Charter School which is getting a hearing at CPC tomorrow, and another proposed Arts charter school.