Notice of Regular Meeting • Monday, May 11, 2009 • 4:45pm
Department of Planning and Development, 4th Floor Auditorium
400 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Meeting Minutes: April 13, 2009
1. DRC Application No. 09.07, 220 Weybosset Street (Providence Performing Arts Center) Proposal to construct a one-story addition on the roof of the existing onestory retail building on Richmond Street.
2. DRC Application No. 09.08, 159 Weybosset Street (vacant lot adjacent to Smith-Mathewson Building) Proposal to construct a single story addition to the Smith-Mathewson Building at the corner of Weybosset Street and Eddy Street. The addition will have retail frontage on Weybosset Street.
3. DRC Application No. 09.09, 225-231, 220 & 250 Westminster Street (Peerless, Burgess/O’Gorman and Alice Buildings) Proposal to install sign flags for 5 retail tenants on Westminster Street.
4. DRC Application No. 09.10, 125-129 Canal Street/3-9 Steeple Street (commercial block) Proposal to completely restore the buildings, including storefronts, windows, masonry, roofs and construction of a new rooftop structure for elevator and elevator shaft.
Item 2 was discussed in this thread back in January. Nice to see them perhaps moving forward with the liner building option.
Item 4 sounds exciting, let us hope they don’t find that it is a “public safety hazard” halfway through and have them apply for an emergency demo permit.