This collection of videos from red light cameras shows some inattentive driving at it’s worst. Warning: There is one section where a pedestrian gets hit, and one section where a motorcyclist gets hit. Though they are not gory, they could be too graphic for some.
54°Feels like: 48°F
5:12 am8:15 pm EDT
Wind: 17mph NE
UV index: 4
- Herb Anthony on Henry Bowen Anthony Fountain
- david cicchetto on Aaron M. Renn: For Commuter Rail, Better Service to Boston, Not Southward Expansion
- Mad dog on Regal Plating Building
- Joseph Campo on UPDATED: PPS: General Electric Base Plant Demolition Proposal
- Mike on Proposed development at 1-200 Harris Avenue, aka The Providence Fruit & Produce Warehouse site
- Joe Kenney on Pedestrian struck, killed on North Main Street
- Ismael Carlo on Proposed Emergency Snow Parking Ban Ordinance
that last one was pretty gory….
All too strong a reminder of how amazingly dangerous it is to travel by car – even if you’re one of the better drivers.
It’s amazing how bad some drivers are. I was generally against red light cameras, but I’m more or less in favor of them now.
All the more justification for things like roundabouts as well. Right-angle collisions are by far the most dangerous.
Reminds me of a pool table.
And as Ray Bradbury said back in the 1960’s, over 40,000 people a year were killed by automobiles. That’s why he didn’t like to ride in cars.
And the rate is still the same even though cars have gotten infinitely safer. 40,000 people a year.
And the one at 4:30 gets the prize. Two SUV’s mangled and a car in flames.
But here’s the local angle. Every night I take the 27 or 28 bus home and every night I see the red light camera on the service road go off without fail.
This is why I want AUTONOMOUS vehicles. At least computers have the common sense not to speed through a red light.