The Beer Garden kicks off with a special performance by Extraordinary Rendition Band on June 30th at the Bank of America Skating Center. This will celebrate the closing of the Providence 375 Tape Art installation and will also feature a performance by As220’s ZuKrewe, food by Julian’s Omnibus, and drinks from Trinity Beer! Join in the action of helping to take apart the giant drawing at this fun party!
The traditional Burnside Park Beer Garden Music Series will be by the fountain in the park and will run every Thursday from July to August. Beer garden is open from 4:30 – 7pm with music from 5:30 – 6:30pm. Enjoy lawn games, Trinity Beer, and Mama Kim’s Korean BBQ!
- June 30th – Extraordinary Rendition Band, raucous musical joy in brilliant marching band form.
- July 7 – Tig & Bean, dirty pretty interpretation of folk and blues; Sponsored by Citizens Bank.
- July 14 – Javelin, scrappy dance electro hip hop; Brooklyn via Providence (Luaka Bop, Thrill Jockey)
- July 21 – The Jes Powers Project Presents: Chanteuse, amazing female vocalists.
- July 28 – Nomo (members His Name Is Alive), post-afrobeat dance explosion; Ann Arbor, MI
- August 4 – Delicate Steve, frantic electronics give way to easygoing riffs; NJ (Luaka Bop)
- August 18 – Boo City, R&B Americana soul; Providence
- August 25 – AS220 Criss Cross Orchestra, polyrhythmic world music beats directed by Obuamah Laud Addy.
I like the ERB and I’ll get downtown just when they go on. I’ll have the phone charged so I can get some good video of them.