Notice of Regular Meeting
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 – 4:45pm
Department of Planning and Development
1st Floor Meeting Room
444 Westminster Street, Providence
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of meeting minutes from November 15th, 2011 – for action
- Approval of the CPC meeting schedule for the 2012 calendar year – for action
- Director’s Report – Discussion of CPC meeting schedule for hearing and approving the revised Comprehensive Plan and for considering changes to zoning for Downtown and the I-195 surplus land
1. Comprehensive Plan Update
Complete review of changes to Providence Tomorrow: The Interim Comprehensive Plan – for discussion and scheduling of public hearing.
2. Zoning of Downtown and I-195 surplus Parcels
Presentation of proposed zoning and design guidelines for Downtown and I-195 surplus parcels – for discussion.
CITY COUNCIL REFERRAL
3. Referral 3343 – Petition for Zone Change from C-1 to C-2 and R-2 to C-2
Petition to rezone the properties at 1039, 1017 and 1021 Douglas Avenue from C-1 to C-2 and to rezone the properties at 1006 and 1011 Douglas Avenue from R-2 to C-2. The applicant is requesting that all uses permitted in a C-2 zone including a drive in establishment be permitted – for action. (Wanskuck, AP 102 Lots 1, 6, 8, 9 and 261)
4. Referral 3344 – Petition to introduce use code 58.1 Incidental Entertainment
Petition to add Use Code 58.1, which would permit incidental entertainment in restaurants but prohibit a dance floor and cover charges – for action.
5. 93-95 Althea Street
The applicant wishes to perform a minor subdivision to divide a lot measuring 11,960 SF into two lots measuring 7,960 SF and 4,000 SF respectively – for action. (West End, AP 31 Lot 361)
MAJOR LAND DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
6. Case No. 10-036MA – 454-466 Pine Street, 56 Somerset Street and 415 Friendship Street (Preliminary Plan Approval)
The applicant is seeking Preliminary Plan approval for a new facility that would accommodate a larger dining hall, kitchen, classroom and office space. The building design from the Master Plan stage has been revised. – for action. (Upper South Providence, AP 23 Lot 999)