And then there was a parking lot

35 Weybosset Street

So that’s that.

See also:

, , , , , ,

11 Responses to And then there was a parking lot

1. Liam Blank January 2, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

This has to be a sick joke….

2. Connor January 2, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

so… should we assume there won’t be any landscaping and that those mock-up drawings were just smoke and mirrors?

walked past this the other day, before the lines were painted… the sea of tar worried me, I guess rightfully so.

3. Andrew January 2, 2012 at 2:36 pm #

Thank goodness! I’ve been waiting all these years to visit downtown…now that I’m certain I’ll have a place to park, I’ll definitely visit!

4. Jef Nickerson January 2, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

Connor: The rendering was done by the Providence Preservation Society as a way of showing how the parcel could look with the façade remaining in place. There will be very minimal landscaping per the city’s feeble zoning requirements.

5. Sam January 2, 2012 at 3:11 pm #

Well it IS a very attractive parking lot. People will come from miles around just for the privilege of parking here. We can’t overlook real economic development like this, especially in these tight times.

6. Lewis Dana January 2, 2012 at 3:20 pm #

Nice striping all in place and on Thursday someone slapped a Stop Work Notice on the gate on the Westminster Street entrance…

7. Liam Blank January 2, 2012 at 8:07 pm #

Sam is right, it looks very nicely paved. People will flock to DownCity from the beaches during the summer just to enjoy the privilege of parking in such a wonderful spot that is most certainly unlike the other 500 neighboring parking lots downtown. For those that don’t know me, I often like to use a lot of sarcasm to get my point across. I’ll see you all around Downcity… Happy New Year!

8. dan January 3, 2012 at 10:57 am #

Have they done anything with the steel structure on Weybosset street? I am assuming they won’t allow parking to begin until that is done….but I won’t be holding my breath.

9. Peter Brassard January 3, 2012 at 11:27 am #

Efficient, with the striping they should be able to valet four or five deep. Maybe they’ll bring in 4-level high car stackers to scatter around the perimeter.

10. SK January 4, 2012 at 12:03 pm #

Pave-idence.

1. Parking cat fight Downcity? | Greater City: Providence - February 3, 2012

[…] would be the owners for the Arcade Garage on Weybosset Street arguing that the owners of the lot at 35 Weybosset Street/110 (90) Westminster Street, should not be allowed to have a surface parking lot at that location because it goes against the […]