|A meeting of the I-195 Redevelopment District Commission will be held at the offices of Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation, 315 Iron Horse Way, Suite 101, Providence, Rhode Island, on WEDNESDAY, January 25, 2012, beginning at 2:00 p.m., for the following purposes:|
1. To approve the Public Session and Executive Session minutes of the meeting held on January 9, 2012.
2. For discussion regarding snow removal on sidewalks and other interim maintenance issues.
3. For consideration of the vision and mission statement of the District.
4. For the making of findings related to, and consideration of, the engagement of an engineering firm and ratification of the selection committee’s actions and recommendations.
5. To consider and act upon such matters, indicated in agenda item 4, as may be considered at a meeting closed to the public pursuant to the Open Meeting Law, specifically matters permitted to be so considered under subsection (7) (investment of public funds) of Rhode Island General Laws Section 42-46-5(a) (the Open Meetings Law)
Nice work, Jef. Hopefully at a future meeting there won’t be an agenda item discussing big holes, some cement and local bloggers.
Maybe that’s what the “Executive Session” is for.
I think the Executive Session has almost always to do with finances, so yeah, if they’re gonna pay someone to bury you under a snow pile…But if someone offers to do it for free, it would be a violation of the open meetings law. I think.
Executive sessions are for matters that, if discussed in an open meeting setting, might jeopardize a board’s position, such as a lawsuit or a sensitive HR matter.