Notice of Regular Meeting • Monday, November 5, 2012 – 4:45pm
Department of Planning and Development, 1st Floor Meeting Room, 444 Westminster Street, Providence
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Meeting Minutes of October 15, 2012
1. DRC Application No. 12.32: 66-68 Kennedy Plaza Proposal to construct a new ramp in the right-of-way on the Kennedy Plaza elevation of the building.
2. DRC Application No. 12.37: 10 Kennedy Plaza (Bank of America City Center) Proposal to replace the existing chain link fencing with new metal fencing.
3. DRC Application No. 12.39: 170 Washington Street (parking lot) Proposal to paint a large mural on an adjacent brick wall facing Washington Street.
4. Pre-Application Review: 195 Washington Street (Majestic/Lederer Theater, now Trinity Repertory) Proposal to install three (3) digital monitors on the rear wall (northwest elevation) of the building. This item is for discussion only. No action will be taken by the DRC at this meeting.
Yay! A mural on Washington Street and video monitors facing LaSalle Square. Some people hate video signs, but I’ve long said, I’m all about them for LaSalle Square. We have the LED sign at the Hilton, the sign at the Dunk, Hasbro is proposing some signage at their location in LaSalle Square and now potentially this. Makes for an exciting gateway to Downtown in my opinion. Though… I do wish the Hilton sign had some more interesting information on it, it used to have news and weather, but it never really worked right.