Note: BPAC meetings are usually on Wednesdays, this one is on Thursday.
Providence Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee MeetingThursday, March 22, 2018 – 4:45pm
Doorley Municipal Building, 444 Westminster Street, First Floor, Providence, RI 02903
- Roll Call
- Approval of February 2018 Meeting Minutes (For Action)
- Overview of Commission Review Procedure (For Discussion)
- Capital Improvement Program Contracts 4 & 5 Conceptual Review – Upper South Providence, Lower South Providence, Elmwood, Silver Lake, Hartford, Olneyville, Valley – Wards 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15 (For Action) — The City of Providence Department of Public Works seeks comments from the BPAC regarding the conceptual plans for Contracts 4 & 5 of the City’s Capital Improvement Program. Contracts 4 & 5 include portions of Adelaide Ave, Atlantic Ave, Beacon Ave, Bogman St, Burnside St, Byfield St, Cactus St, Carter St, Culver St, Detroit Ave, Earl St, Eddy St, Emerson St, Falconer St, Gay St, Jillson St, Longfellow St, Marion Ave, Melrose St, Niagara St, Ontario St, Payton St, Plain St, Rodman St, Saratoga St, Spicer St, Staniford St, Thurbers Ave, Academy Ave, Bailey Ct, Brush Hill Rd, Calverley St, Cutler St, Eagle St, Eastwood Ave, Heath St, Hendrick St, Huntington Ave, Kinsley Ave, Magnolia St, Mattie St, Parnell St, Petteys Ave, Pleasant Valley Pkwy, Prescott St, River Ave, Rushmore Ave, Stockwell St, Union Ave, Webster Ave, and Yale Ave.
- Capital Improvement Program Contract 1 Conceptual Review – Mount Pleasant, Elmhurst, Wanskuck, Charles – Wards 4, 5, 12, 14 (For Action) — The City of Providence Department of Public Works seeks comments from the BPAC regarding the conceptual plans for Contract 1 of the City’s Capital Improvement Program. Contract 1 includes portions of Chad Brown St, Charles St, Chatham St, Danforth St, De Pinedo St, Douglas Ave, Eaton St, Gentian Ave, Gillen St, Home Ave, Oakland Ave, Oregon St, Orms St, Rialto St, Salter St, Santomarco Dr, Veazie St, and Whitford Ave.
- Bike Share Station Discussion (For Action) — The City of Providence Department of Planning and Development seeks comments from the BPAC regarding locations for bike share stations throughout the city. This feedback will contribute toward a draft map of proposed locations which will be released in April.
- Announcements and Staff Updates (For Discussion)
Full Disclosure: I am a member of this Commission.