[alert type=”danger”]Note this meeting is at the Public Safety Complex, not the Planning Department.[/alert] [alert type=”muted” heading=”Providence City Plan Commission Notice of Meeting”]Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – 4:45pm
Providence Public Safety Complex, 1st floor Auditorium
325 Washington Street, Providence, RI 02903
– Agenda [/alert]
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of minutes from the April 2 2018 meeting – for action
- Director’s Report
City Council Referral
1. Referral 3429 – Rezoning of a portion of AP 20 Lot 397 – The petitioner is proposing to create a new height subdistrict – D-1-600 – in the D-1 zone, and rezone AP 20 Lot 397 from D-1-100 to D-1-600. The additional height is intended to allow for construction of a high rise residential building on the site. The petitioner is also proposing to change the zoning ordinance so that the Downtown Design Review Committee may waive regulations relating to building height, massing and required transition lines. The petitioner will make an informational presentation of this proposal and public comment will be taken, but the Commission will take no action – for discussion (AP 20 Lot 397, Downtown)
Institutional Master Plan
2. Rhode Island College Institutional Master Plan – Presentation of Rhode Island College’s five year Institutional Master Plan, which will detail goals and objectives, growth, traffic and changes expected to occur on campus going forward – for action (Mt Pleasant)
Unified Development Review Public Hearing
3. Case No. 17-21 Kenyon Street – The applicant is proposing to subdivide a lot which measures 2,536 SF into two lots measuring 1,477 SF and 1,105 SF. The lot is zoned R-3 and occupied by two structures. The subdivision will result in each building located on a separate lot. Pursuant to Unified Development Review, the applicant is seeking dimensional variances from provisions related to minimum lot area, minimum lot width, maximum building coverage, maximum impervious surface coverage (Front yard, rear yard and total coverage) and minimum interior side building setback. The applicant is also seeking variances from the parking and landscaping requirements – for action (AP 28 Lot 287, Federal Hill)
Major Land Development Project Public Hearing
4. Case No. 16-006MA – 249 Thayer Street – The applicant is proposing to construct a four story commercial building with a restaurant on the ground floor and commercial space above. The applicant is requesting preliminary plan approval – for action (AP 13 Lot 49, College Hill)
This is the planned building for 249 Thayer – Brown’s Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship
Thanks, I added the rendering to the post.
Hasn’t item #4 already started construction?
Judging from the construction cam on their website, yes.
Some background on the Thayer Street building from PBN and why it is already under construction:
The developer lost the suit and went back to CPC with a 4-story design in compliance with zoning.
Let’s hope the Fane Tower gets some positive momentum tonight!