April 20, 2016, 4:45 PM
Doorley Municipal Building, 444 Westminster Street, First Floor, Providence, RI 02903
- Roll Call
- Impact of Executive Order on BPAC membership and BPAC Project Review Process (For Discussion)
- Approval of March Meeting Minutes (For Action)
- City of Providence Vulnerable Road User Safety Action Plan – Overview and Status Update (For Discussion)
- Bike Plan Update – Status Update (For Discussion)
- Fountain Street Repaving and Restriping – Downtown (For Action)
The City of Providence intends to repave and restripe Fountain Street between Empire and Dorrance streets in Spring 2016. As part of the restriping, the City has proposed for the road to be restriped in a new configuration to include two travel lanes, a buffered bike lane, and on street parking. Existing crosswalk locations will also be restriped. The bike lane will connect existing bike lanes on Broadway to Emmett Square and Kennedy Plaza. DPW and DPD seek comment from the BPAC regarding the preliminary plans.
- Douglas Avenue Restriping Project – Smith Hill, Elmhurst, Wanskuck (For Action)
In Summer 2016, the City of Providence intends to restripe Douglas Avenue from Orms Street to the City Line. As part of that restriping, the City of Providence Department of Public Works has proposed bike lanes to be striped from Chad Brown Street to Chalkstone Avenue. DPW seeks comment from the BPAC regarding their preliminary striping plans.
- Road restriping list from DPW (For Action)
In Summer 2016, the City of Providence intends to restripe several streets throughout the City. DPW seeks comment from the BPAC regarding the following projects: See offical agenda for full list.
- Announcements (For Discussion)