Do you ever get to the polling place on election day and wish that there were more things for you to vote on? Perhaps a long list of issues for you to read and decide about? Well if you live in Providence then November 6th is you lucky day, the City has 11 questions on the ballot in addition to the 7 questions the state has.
Perhaps one should think about these questions before election day, so here are those ballot questions.
City of Providence November 6 Ballot Questions
8. Finance the Design, Construction, Repair, Rehabilitation and Improvement of Streets and Sidewalks $40,000,000
“Shall an Ordinance of the City Council effective on July 31, 2012 authorizing the issuance of up to $40,000,000 general obligation bonds of the City to finance the design, construction, repair, rehabilitation and improvement of streets and sidewalks in the City, including but not limited to, drainage, traffic control devices, safety improvements and landscaping, pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws § 45-12-2 and § 807 of the City’s Home Rule Charter, be approved?”
Question 8 YES
Question 8 NO
QUESTIONS 9 – 18 AMENDMENTS TO THE PROVIDENCE HOME RULE CHARTER
9. Shall the terms used in the Charter be defined as follows for clarity and consistency? [Adds Section 107]
- “City” shall mean the City of Providence, in the County of Providence, and the State of Rhode Island.
- “Council” shall mean the duly elected city council of the City of Providence.
- “Domiciled” shall mean that place where a person has his or her true, fixed, and permanent home and principal establishment, and to which whenever he or she is absent has the intention of returning.
- Mayor. Whenever the word “mayor” is used, it shall mean the mayor of the City of Providence.
- “Quorum” shall mean a majority of the members of a public body or duly appointed committee.
Question 9 YES
Question 9 NO