This is a crazy cool video that at once fascinates and terrifies me. It is Hong Kong’s old Kai Tak Airport which sat right in the heart of Kowloon. Kai Tak closed in 1998 when Hong Kong’s new airport opened far west of the city. When I lived in New York I lived in Flushing, Queens under the flight path for LaGuardia Airport, we had planes flying low over us, but nothing like this, and the buildings near the airport are not that tall.
- Aaron M. Renn: For Commuter Rail, Better Service to Boston, Not Southward Expansion on
- Regal Plating Building on
- UPDATED: PPS: General Electric Base Plant Demolition Proposal on
- Proposed development at 1-200 Harris Avenue, aka The Providence Fruit & Produce Warehouse site on
- Pedestrian struck, killed on North Main Street on
- Proposed Emergency Snow Parking Ban Ordinance on
- 4-story mixed-use building proposed on Piedmont Street on Federal Hill on