Think you know Providence? Then put your movie where your mouth is.
Make a short film that tells a visitor or someone new to Providence all about what there is to see, do, eat, drink, buy and experience. Videographers of all ages are invited to submit entries. There are two categories: children 17 and under; and adults 18 and over. Films will be judged on creativity, technical excellence and artistic merit.
Submit your video by June 1 and be eligible to win prizes like lunch with Mayor Angel Taveras, a “Dine Out for a Year” prize pack worth $1200, a $1000 shopping spree package, a VIP party for 10 at McFadden’s, or a VIP tour and animal encounter at Roger Williams Park Zoo.
For examples, check out: youtube.com/yourprovidence
How To Enter
Entrants must submit an original video of no less than 30 seconds and no more than 4 minutes in length spotlighting Providence, RI.
- Read the official rules (by submitting a video you agree to + accept all rules and regulations associated with the contest)
- Complete the entry form – cityof.providenceri.com/efile/708
- Fax form to 351.2090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your video to YouTube
- Once approved, videos will appear on YouTube.com/YourProvidence
- All forms + uploads must be received by 5pm on 6/1/11
Winners will be notified via email no later than Friday, July 1
This contest is sponsored by: The Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau, Providence Monthly, The City of Providence Department of Art, Culture & Tourism, The Rhode Show.
Questions? Email email@example.com