You didn’t forget, did you? Pump up those tires and check your brakes cause there’s no better way to end the work week than to show up at the office
in your Hawaiian shirt on your bike.
RI Bike has arranged the bike commuters breakfast and coffee, courtesy of Whole Foods Market, RABAR, and New Harvest Coffee Roasters, as well as the following:
In the last week, we’ve had Mayor Tavares agree to ride to and speak at approximately 8AM. We’re hopeful that he’ll be able to share information about an exciting request from local cyclists that he is considering. Ã‚Â We’ll also have Melanie Army from the City Planning Department on hand to talk about development of the next Providence Bike Plan and Rep. Art Handy to present a resolution from the state legislature declaring May 18th 2012 Bike To Work Day in Rhode Island.
- Onsite bicycle mechanic services are being provided by REI from 6:30 to 9:30.
- Raffle of donated items to benefit RIBIKE will be held, including a fashionable rainhood from CLEVERHOOD, bike bag and Donkey Boxes from Legend Bicycle, Bontrager floor pump from Caster’s, Bicycle Jewelry from Recycle-A-Bike and more!
- Product demonstrations from Caster’s Bicycles, Dynamic Bicycles.
- Get photographed at the ZipCar photobooth with your commuter gear or bike commuter friends.
- Learn how to combine Bike with Bus with RIPTA Rack and Ride
We are also proud to welcome the following presenting organizations:
- Caster’s Bicycles
- Commuter Resource RI/RIPTA
- Dynamic Bicycles
- Legend Bicycle
- US Open Cycling Foundation
Location: World War 1 Memorial, Providence (College St and South Main St.).
Time: 6:45AM to 10:30AM.
I hear the East Bay Bike Path is open again, too, and the weather is going to be perfect!
See you there!