I. Public Session
Call to Order: The Chairperson
- Welcome by Chairperson: Chairperson Colin Kane.
- To approve the public session minutes of the meeting held on June 10, 2013. (Tab 1.)
- Executive Director’s Report.
- Discussion of Proposed 2014 Budget.
- Approval of Expenses for Brownfields Conference. Discussion of Establishing Policies/Procedures for Reimbursement of Expenses.
- Informational Presentation by Hecht Properties.
- Chairman’s Report/Agenda for August 19, 2013 Meeting.
- Vote to Adjourn.
II. Executive Session
To consider and act upon such matters as may be considered at a meeting closed to the public pursuant to the Open Meetings Law, specifically matters permitted to be so considered under subsection (5) (disposition of public property) of Rhode Island General Laws, Section 42-46-5(a) (the Open Meetings Law).
Have they gotten anything accomplished at any of these meetings yet? If so, what? If not, why do they keep meeting?
I think things only happen in “Executive Session.”
Is that when the massage ladies come in?
Rhode Island General Laws, Section 42-46-5(a)
(5) Any discussions or considerations related to the acquisition or lease of real property for public purposes, or of the disposition of publicly held property wherein advanced public information would be detrimental to the interest of the public.
So why exactly would it be ‘detrimental to the interest of the public’ for them to hear a development proposal during the Public Session???? Wouldn’t it be in the public interest to have the process open, transparent, and competitive????!!!!
I think any time they talk about $ they go into executive session. I agree that it is crap. For all we know they are ordering in steak dinners and figuring out where to park their cars next.
they may be dividing the land up into parcels. about 30. and treating each parcel differently. hopefully they will build that bridge that 3SIX0 designed
The 195 Commission was found in violation of the Open Meetings Act for this meeting.