Notice of Regular Meeting
Monday, July 10, 2017
Doorley Municipal Building
444 Westminster Street, 1st Floor Conference Room Providence, RI 02903
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Meeting Minutes of June 12, 2017
1. DRC Application No. 17.12: 350 Eddy Street (South Street Landing) – Public Hearing – The subject of the hearing will be an application by the CV Properties LLC, requesting a waiver from Providence Zoning Ordinance Section 1607(E), Freestanding Signs, which prohibits freestanding signs in the D?1 Zone. As per Section 1601(D), the DDRC is authorized to grant a waiver to sign regulations as part of their review and approval (continued from the April 10, 2017 DDRC meeting). The applicant has requested to continue the public hearing to the next DDRC meeting scheduled for August 7, 2017 at 4:45 PM.
2. DRC Application No. 17.33: 51 Washington Street (Biltmore Garage) – Proposal by Cornish Associates to infill two garage bays on Eddy Street, as part of the installation of an electrical vault in the garage.
3. DRC Application No. 17.32: 79 Washington Street (Strand Theatre) – Public Hearing – The subject of the hearing will be an application by Strand Realty II, LLC, requesting a waiver from Providence Zoning Ordinance Section 1607.D, Electronic Message Signs, which prohibits electronic message signs in the D?1 Zone. As per Section 1601.D, the DDRC is authorized to grant a waiver to sign regulations as part of their review and approval. The applicant is proposing to install a new marquee with electronic message signs on the building located at 79 Washington Street. The DDRC will be reviewing the sign design at this meeting.
4. DRC Application No. 17.34: 385 Westminster Street (Conrad Building) – Proposal by New City Conrad LLC, to renovate an existing storefront on the Westminster Street elevation of the building.