Downtown Design Review Committee Notice of Regular MeetingMonday, May 14, 2018 – 4:45pm
Doorley Municipal Building
444 Westminster Street, 1st Floor Conference Room
Providence, RI 02903
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Special Meeting Minutes of March 27, 2018 and April 5, 2018, and Regular Meeting Minutes of April 9, 2018
1. DRC Application No. 18.12: 275 Westminster Street (Cherry & Webb Building) – Proposal by 275 Westminster Partners, LLC to modify the existing storefront by creating a secondary lobby entrance on the Westminster Street elevation.
2. DRC Application No. 18.07: 100 Sabin Street (former Fogarty Building site) – The subject of the hearing will be an application by TPG 100 Sabin Hotel LLC, requesting a waiver from Zoning Ordinance Section 1607(H), Projecting Signs, which limits the number and square footage of projecting signs in the D?1 Zone. The applicant is proposing to install two internally illuminated projecting signs on the building currently under construction at 100 Sabin Street, Providence, RI. At the conclusion of the hearing, the DDRC will take action with respect to the requested item.
3. DRC Application No. 18.05: 131 Canal Street (parking lot) – Public Hearing and Conceptual Design Review – The subject of the hearing will be an application by Steeple Street RI, LLC requesting a development incentive in the form of a height bonus, and requesting waivers from Providence Zoning Ordinance Section 606, Design Standards for New Construction, for a new 11-story mixed-use building to be constructed at 131 Canal Street, Providence, RI. The height bonus requested is from Section 603.E.1, Schedule of Development Bonuses/Active Ground Floor Uses. The waivers requested are from Sections 606.A.4, Building Height and Massing/Recess line, 606.D.1, Building Height and Massing/Façade Design, 606.E.1, Façade Design/Ground Floor Transparency, and 606.E.3, Building Facades/Upper Level Transparency. The DDRC will be reviewing the building design at the conceptual design stage. At the conclusion of the hearing, the DDRC will take action with respect to the requested items.
The applicant was granted the height bonus at the March 27, 2018 DDRC meeting. The portion of the public hearing related to the waivers and the conceptual design review was continued from the April 9, 2018 DDRC meeting.
See also:Greater City Providence: Edge College Hill 2, Take II
4. Pre-Application Review 580 South Water Street* (East Side Overlay District) – Proposal to construct a new 5-story mixed-use building on the site. This item is for discussion only. No action will be taken by the DRC at this meeting.
*I think 580 South Water is the corner of South Water and Tockwotton, down by the hurricane barrier.