Now that we’ve had a little melting of our snow banks, it’s time to start thinking about SAILING! In effort to start bringing together enthusiasts and friends of The Providence Community Boating Center, they have announced a series of wine tasting events to get us through the remainder of the cold months. The first of which will be Thursday February 26th.
Please note that, since the boathouse is closed for the winter, this event is NOT at CBC! Please join us at: Working Planet Marketing Group, 131 Wayland Ave., Providence, RI 02906
These events are super fun, open to the public, and last year they were a tremendous success, so join us and bring some friends! Here’s the deal:
CBC specifies the varietal of wine. This time, it’s California Chardonnay.
CBC Wine Tasting Event Rules:
- Everyone competes as a team. You must be 21+ years old to participate.
- Each team of 1 to 3 people must bring 3 bottles of THE SAME WINE (the varietal — i.e., cabernet, shiraz, pinot noir, etc.).
- For example, if the chosen varietal is shiraz, you or your team could bring 3 bottles of the 1997 Tyrrell’s Reserve Brokenback Shiraz.
- Remember, it’s 3 bottles total per team, and teams can consist of 1 to 3 people.
- In addition to bringing wine a $10 donation to CBC per person is suggested
- Upon arrival, all 3 bottles will be given to the Hosts, who will wrap 2 of the bottles to conceal the wine’s identity.
- The 2 wrapped bottles will have a number randomly assigned to them and will then be set out for tasting.
- The third bottle will be left unopened and will not be tasted or displayed.
- Each invitee will be given a card with a number for each wine.
- The wines will be rated on a taste scale of 1 to 5.
- At the end of the tasting period, each invitee must write down the number of his or her favorite wine and least favorite wine. Cards will be collected and selections tallied.
- The teams that brought the top 3 favorite wines will take home everyone’s third unopened bottle of wine.
- The invitee that brought the least favorite bottle of wine will take back his or her unopened bottle of wine.
- The wine tasting begins at 7:30 p.m. so please arrive promptly.
- If 2 (or more) teams bring the same wine, it shouldn’t matter. The rankings can still differ depending upon the temperature of the wine, how long it has been open, etc.
- Please remember, teams can consist of up to 3 people. If, for example, 4 people wish to participate, they would be considered 2 teams; thus, they will need to bring 6 bottles to enter the event. This rule will be strictly enforced at the door.