Update 11/23/2011: Due to the rain today, the Skating Center opening is delayed until tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day.
Opening Night: November 23rd, 4pm to 10 pm
Regular Hours: November 24th, 2011 – March 18th, 2012
Monday – Friday: 10am to 10pm
Saturday and Sunday: 11am to 10pm
Join Greater Kennedy Plaza on Wednesday, November 23rd for the first skate of the season at Bank of America Skating Center! From 4-10 pm the ice will be fresh, the tunes will be playing, and the lights will be aglow as we kick-off the skate season in style.
The temperature is dropping, but there is no need to rush inside! The Bank of America Skating Center provides outdoor family fun all winter long. Get in a quick work out at lunch, decompress after work, or spend a Saturday with family and friends at the rink. Affordable fun in the heart of downtown Providence!
Upcoming events at the Skating Center:
The following are just some of the events at the Bank of America City Center during the 2011/2012 season:
- December 3: Downtown Holiday Celebration and Tree Lighting. Join us for a professional figure skating exhibition after the Mayor’s tree lighting ceremony at 6PM
- December 3: Learn-To-Skate six-week session begins
- Sunday, December 11 and Sunday, December 18: Skate with Santa from 2-4PM
- December 31: Bright Night skating performances and opening ceremonies from 5-6PM
- Month of January: Providence Bruins practice – watch players practice and then share public open skate with players
- Month of February: Skate with 28. Food-raiser for the Rhode Island Community Food Bank with CW28, featuring contests, performers, refreshments and prizes
- Month of February: Valentine’s Day, 6-8PM; Bring a CD and have a song dedicated to your sweetheart; 8-10PM Free Valentine’s Day keepsake for couples
- Every Wednesday from 6-10PM: College Night. Admission for college students is $3 with a valid college photo ID
- Every weekday from 12-2PM: Lunchtime Special. Admission is $3 and skate rentals are $3.
- Every weekday from 4-6PM: After Work Special. Admission is $3 and skate rentals are $3.