|A meeting of the I-195 Redevelopment District Commission will be held at Rhode Island Commerce Corporation, 315 Iron Horse Way, Providence, Rhode Island, on MONDAY, JULY 21, 2014, beginning at 5 P.M., for the following purposes|
I. Public Session
- Welcome by Chairperson: Chairperson Colin Kane.
- Approval of the Minutes of the Commission Meetings Held on June 16, 2014 and June 30, 2014.
- Executive Director’s Report – Review of Activities During Past Month and Business Plan for the Period July – December 2014.
- Discussion Regarding the Request by Mr. Stephen Beranbaum for Use of a Portion of Parcel 28 for Parking and Vote.
- Update from Counsel Regarding District Permitting Process.
- Review of Proposals to Purchase and Develop District Property.
- Chairman’s Report – Review of Activities in Past Month and Proposed Future Activities/ Tentative Agenda for August 18, 2014 Meeting.
- Vote to Adjourn.
II. Executive Session
To consider and act upon such matters as may be considered at a meeting closed to the public pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws, Section 42-46-5(a) (the Open Meetings Law), specifically matters permitted to be so considered under subsection (5) (acquisition and disposition of public property).
III. Public Session
|A meeting of the I-195 Redevelopment District Commission will be held at Rhode Island Commerce Corporation, 315 Iron Horse Way, Providence, Rhode Island, on WEDNESDAY, JULY 23, 2014, beginning at 5 P.M., for the following purposes|
Call to Order
- Review and Approve Minutes of Meeting of July 9, 2014.
- East Side Park: Conceptual Discussion of overall impact and design.
Fixed Attractions: historic markers, walkways, furniture, art, play.
Materials and Plan.
- West Side Park: Conceptual Discussion of overall impact and design.
Fixed Attractions: Water Feature, for Ship Street Triangle; furniture, art, play.
- Schedule and timeline in connection with DOT’s I-195 overall schedule.
- Vote to Adjourn.
Connections to CityWALK, Harbor Walk parks, Point Street bridge, bicycle lanes.
Built Structure(s): program of uses, “look and feel.”
Flexible Program Spaces: performances, seasonal sales, pushcarts, art, music, theater, temporary installations.
Community involvement: school children, Children’s Museum, public water access.
Connections to CityWALK, bicycles lanes, River Walk existing infrastructure and in connection with South Street Landing.