Several important buildings in Providence receive historic tax credits for renovations.
ProJo: Feds reject $175-million grant for 6-10 interchange project – City Workshop
Scheduled on July 19, 2016
As RIDOT learns it did not receive a crucial Federal grant, the City of Providence ...
It looks like this time around, the bonding will be for infrastructure beyond just road ...
In wee-hours of Saturday morning, the Rhode Island General Assembly passed a bill to speed ...
Vigils for the victims of the shooting at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando are being held ...
July 20, 2016 • 4:45 PM
Doorley Municipal Building
444 Westminster Street, First Floor
Providence, RI 02903
- Roll Call
- Approval of June Meeting Minutes (For Action)
- Olney Street Restriping – College Hill, Mount Hope (For Action) – The Department of Public Works intends to restripe Olney Street from Camp to Hope streets. DPW seeks comment from the BPAC at this initial scoping phase of the project.
- Allens Avenue Restriping – Upper South Providence, Lower South Providence, Washington Park (For Action) – The Rhode Island Department of Transportation has developed preliminary design plans for the restriping of Allens Avenue from Blackstone Street to New York Avenue. The City of Providence DPD and DPW seek comment from the BPAC regarding RIDOT’s preliminary plans.
- Francis Street Mid-Block Crossing – Downtown (For Action) – The Rhode Island Department of Transportation has developed preliminary design plans for a new mid-block crossing across Francis Street to improve pedestrian safety between Providence Place Mall and Station Park. The City of Providence DPD and DPW seek comment from the BPAC regarding RIDOT’s preliminary plans.
- Potential Improvements to Tobey and Ridge streets – Federal Hill (For Discussion)
- Potential Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements to streets surrounding the new LINK District waterfront parks and Providence River Pedestrian Bridge – Downtown, Fox Point (For Discussion)
- Announcements and Staff Updates (For Discussion)
Tuesday, July 19, 2016 • 4:45pm
Joseph Doorley Municipal Building
1st Floor Meeting Room
444 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of minutes from the June 21, 2016 meeting – for action
- Director’s Report
1. Proposed Expansion of College Hill Historic District – The Providence Preservation Society will introduce a petition to expand the College Hill Historic District to include an area bounded by Power, Hope, Governor and Angell Streets. The CPC is requested to form a subcommittee to investigate and oversee the process – for action
City Council Referral
2. Referral 3405 – Rezoning of 150-152 Carolina Avenue – The applicant is proposing to rezone two lots at 150-152 Carolina Avenue from M-1 to R-2 – for action (AP 101 Lots 280 and 281, Washington Park)
The state Division of Taxation has approved nearly $8 million in state historic preservation tax credits to seven projects in several cities, including for works that will create new purposes for old industrial buildings.
This is quite a list of buildings, some pretty important to the streetscapes of the city. Let’s take a look at the ones in Providence:
Freedom City Properties LLC – 431 Harris Avenue, Providence
In Eagle Square, Freedom City Properties LLC is renovating the former American Brewing Co. building (better known as Capital Records Management) into artists workspaces, a theatre, and apartments.
Plans to rebuild Routes 6 and 10 were dealt a setback Friday as Rhode Island’s bid for a $175-million federal grant for the project was passed over, the Rhode Island Department of Transportation said.
“While we are disappointed that we did not receive the FASTLANE grant funding for the Route 6-10 Interchange project, we remain committed to moving this long-delayed project forward,” said DOT Director Peter Alviti Jr. in the release. “RIDOT will move quickly to evaluate our options to tackle this problem and present a recommendation for next steps.”
The state and its consultants are refining a design for the 6/10 project, which is estimated to cost $959 million, in anticipation of seeking federal environmental approval for construction.
ONE BILLION DOLLARS is just a kookoo bananas amount of money for a highway interchange.
On Tuesday, Warwick police announced the charges had been amended due to the seriousness of the injuries suffered by the officer.
Costigan was a CCRI student studying music and hoped to sing in the college chorus in the fall, according to CCRI staff.
It looks like this time around, the bonding will be for infrastructure beyond just road paving, which could be a worthy investment. I’d like to see how the City plans to prioritize spending and am hopeful we can avoid messy politics with the City Council this time around.
The weekly Music Series + Beer Garden kicks off for the season this Thursday at Burnside Park in Kennedy Plaza
A 14-year-old girl Sunday was hit by a car Sunday night outside North Providence High School where police say students had congregated to watch a fireworks display.
The police have arrested an East Providence man they say drove up on a sidewalk along Legion Way and struck a pedestrian and a bicyclist and killed a dog before driving away Tuesday night, according to Lt. Thomas J. Rush.
Providence 2016 4th of July Celebration starts at 4:30pm at India Point Park.
DRC reviews plans for the Turks Head Building and Providence Public Library at their July 11th meeting.
In wee-hours of Saturday morning, the Rhode Island General Assembly passed a bill to speed the construction of a parking garage in Providence, but failed to provide funding for a proposed commuter rail station in Pawtucket / Central Falls.
This Saturday, Rhode Island Pride celebrates the 40th Annual Rhode Island Gay Pride Festival and Parade.
City Plan Commission to re-consider Rhode Island Hospitals Institutional Master Plan at their June 21st meeting.
The Providence Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission meets, Wednesday, June 15th at 4:45pm.
Agenda Roll Call Minutes – Meeting of April 13, 2016 Parcel 3S: One Citizens Plaza – Proposal to install a new exterior door, stair and landing on the east side of the building Parcels 3E and 3W: parking lots – Proposal to install new urban landscaping Parcel 1: Union Station Parking Lot – Request for […]
Vigils for the victims of the shooting at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando are being held in Providence Monday night and Tuesday evening.