On the heals of the announcement of the August 28th kickoff of the 2009 Pawtucket Arts Festival , HubArts.com reviews “The Bucket’s” familiar roster of excellent arts and entertainment options as they ponder making a road trip south. In their blog post’s introduction, they contrast Pawtucket’s vibrancy with details of the woes of various festivals planned for our neighbor to the north (including the apparent scheduling of two major film fests at the same time… Eeek). You can read their post here. Pawtucket continues to do a great job in encouraging the arts (and in promoting their success), and they have hands down the best open studio events in the area, next scheduled for September 2009.
- Aaron M. Renn: For Commuter Rail, Better Service to Boston, Not Southward Expansion on
- Regal Plating Building on
- UPDATED: PPS: General Electric Base Plant Demolition Proposal on
- Proposed development at 1-200 Harris Avenue, aka The Providence Fruit & Produce Warehouse site on
- Pedestrian struck, killed on North Main Street on
- Proposed Emergency Snow Parking Ban Ordinance on
- 4-story mixed-use building proposed on Piedmont Street on Federal Hill on