JUNE 26, 2017 – 4:45 PM
Joseph A. Doorley, Jr. Municipal Building, Providence, RI 02903
444 Westminster Street, 1st Floor, Conf. Room[/alert]
Approval of the June 7th meeting minutes.
1. CASE 17.053, 21 PLANET STREET, Welcome Arnold House, c1785-95 (COLLEGE HILL) – The applicant is requesting the demolition of the building. The applicants have requested that the application be continued, and the commission will vote on a continuance to a date certain. Public comment will be taken at that date.
2. CASE 17.010, 124 SYCAMORE STREET, vacant lot (ARMORY) – The applicant is requesting the new construction of a two-story cottage (This item is continued from the June 7th meeting).
3. CASE 17.045, 15 BARNES STREET, House, c1960 (COLLEGE HILL) – The applicant is requesting the construction of two additions, specifically: a First floor addition (16’10” x 13’8 1?2”) on back side of house behind existing carport; a Second floor addition (18’7” x 18’5.5”) above existing one-story living room; and a Second floor addition (12’11 1?2” x 11’) and deck (9’3 1?2” x 13 8 1?2”) above new construction on first floor. Additional the following alterations are being requested: Adding a front door to the street-facing side of the house to provide a means of entrance; Addition of a garage door recessed in existing; Relocation of existing carport entry stairs to inside the house; Adding additional windows in the existing living room on the east and south facing elevations; Relocation of second floor window on east-facing side, as well as relocation and addition f second window on west-facing; Alteration of the siding and window trim. Slight relocation of window so that it is better aligned; the Addition of a sunscreen to the rear elevation and the installation of fencing (This item is continued from the June 7th meeting).
4. CASE 17.030, 165 PROSPECT STREET, John H. Cole House, c1857 (COLLEGE HILL) – The applicant is requesting the construction of a 14’x 14’ (approx. 196 sq. ft.) deck on the rear addition, the installation of a 6’ 6”x 2’ 6” door for access to the deck and the removal of one roof bracket (This item is continued from the June 7th meeting).
5. CASE 17.064, 141 PROSPECT STREET, James Burdick House, 1876 (COLLEGE HILL) The applicant is requesting the removal of 14 basement windows and the installation of Pella awning replacement windows.
6. CASE 17.065, 97 CONGDON STREET, Benjamin Baker House, 1840 (COLLEGE HILL) – The applicant is requesting the addition of a dormer to the front (south, Lloyd Lane) elevation.
7. CASE 17.066, 58 KEENE STREET, House, post1895 (COLLEGE HILL) – The applicant is requesting modifications to the rear of the building to include the relocation of windows and door on the first floor level. This item is for conceptual review.
8. CASE 17.067, 78 MELROSE STREET, Horatio L. Bassett House, c1876 (SOUTH ELMWOOD) – The applicant is requesting the removal of the garage’s slate roof and the installation of an architectural shingle roof.
9. CASE 17.061, 1292 WESTMINSTER STREET, Commercial Building, 1960 (ARMORY) – The applicant is requesting the demolition and partial demolition of the two buildings on the lot and the construction of a four story residential building (This is a public hearing).
Adoption of changes to the Commission’s Rules & Regulations.