Notice of Regular Meeting
Monday, May 8, 2017 – 4:45pm
Doorley Municipal Building
444 Westminster Street, 1st Floor Conference Room Providence, RI 02903
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Meeting Minutes of February 13, 2017 and March 13, 2017
1. DRC Application No. 17.07: 66 Fountain Street and 78 Fountain Street (commercial building and parking lot) – Continued review of the proposal by 78 Fountain JV Owner LLC, to demolish the existing structure located at 66 Fountain Street, and to construct a new 6-story, mixed-use building on the site at 78 Fountain Street. The applicant was granted preliminary approval of the demolition, preliminary (conceptual) approval of the new construction, and waivers from the Design Standards for New Construction at the March 13, 2017 DRC meeting. The applicant is returning to the DRC for final design review.
2. DRC Application No. 17.12: 350 Eddy Street (South Street Landing) – Public Hearing – The subject of the hearing will be an application by the CV Properties LLC, requesting a waiver from Providence Zoning Ordinance Section 1607.E, Freestanding Signs, which prohibits freestanding signs in the D-1 Zone. As per Section 1601.D, the DDRC is authorized to grant a waiver to sign regulations as part of their review and approval. The applicant is proposing to install an approximately 30’ tall, double-faced, internally illuminated freestanding sign at 350 Eddy Street. The DRC will also be reviewing the sign design at this meeting.
3. DRC Application No. 17.18: Garrahy Courthouse Parking Structure: Intersection of Richmond, Friendship & Clifford Streets – Proposal by the Rhode Island Convention Center Authority to construct a 1,250 car open parking structure with ground floor commercial, to be located on a vacant site at the intersection of Richmond, Friendship and Clifford Streets. The project site is currently used as surface parking.
4. 10 Dorrance Street (Howard Building) – Proposal by Bank Newport to install a new storefront system on the ground floor of the building (Dorrance and Westminster Street elevations) as part of a tenant space fit out. This item is for discussion only. No action will be taken by the DRC at this meeting.