The University originally sought 4 acres of the Route 195 land for campus expansion including a hotel. The school now seeks to buy 1.5 acres of land in the area near Friendship and Chestnut Streets. The school says it has the money to commence construction as soon as the land becomes available in 2012.
- Providence Station rots away on
- Proposed development at 1-200 Harris Avenue, aka The Providence Fruit & Produce Warehouse site on
- Pedestrian struck, killed on North Main Street on
- Proposed Emergency Snow Parking Ban Ordinance on
- 4-story mixed-use building proposed on Piedmont Street on Federal Hill on
- The economic argument for clearing snow from sidewalks on
- What’s in a Name? on