The Second Annual Rhode Island Kosher Chili Cook-Off
Sunday, June 5 • 11AM to 4PM
Jewish Community Center of Rhode Island • 401 Elmgrove Avenue, Providence
Second Annual Rhode Island Kosher Chili Cook-Off Scheduled for June 5
PROVIDENCE – The Second Annual Rhode Island Kosher Chili Cook-Off will take place on Sunday, June 5 from 11 AM to 4 PM at the Jewish Community Center of Rhode Island, 401 Elmgrove Avenue, Providence. Twenty teams representing different community organizations will once again compete for the title of “Best Kosher Chili in Rhode Island.” All chili will be glatt kosher, and there will be meat, turkey, and vegetarian options. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children with a max of $30 per family and includes chili tastings, voting tickets, live music, and children’s activities including bounce houses, a climbing wall, crafts, games and more. Expected attendance – over 500. An assortment of beers in a beer garden, soda and food concessions will also be available for purchase. All proceeds benefit family programming of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island.
Elite panel of judges include:
- Chef Nemo Bolin of Cook and Brown
- Frank Terranova from Johnson and Wales University & Cooking with Class on Channel 10
- Anne Marie Bouthillette of Blackbird Farms
- Karl Guggenmos – University Dean of Culinary Education at Johnson and Wales University
- Chef Walter Potenza of Walter’s Ristorante d’Italia
For more information, go to rikosherchilicookoff.com.