Starting Friday, November 25th through January 1st, the City of Providence will allow two-hours of free parking (Monday through Saturday, 10am to 6pm) at meters Downcity and in several other retail districts throughout the city. Vehicles must be parked at a legal space, and can only park for free for two hours to avoid being ticketed or towed.
The free parking is to encourage shoppers to come to Providence during the holiday shopping season.
Free parking will be available in the following locations:
- Downtown Providence (bounded by Steeple Street, west to Route 95; 95 south to 195; 195 east to Point Street; Point Street to Wickenden Street; north on South Main to North Main Street at Steeple Street.)
- Broad Street: Public to Montgomery Street
- Atwells Avenue: Bradford Street to Knight Street
- North Main Street: Thomas Street to Park Row
- Olneyville Square: Route 10 to Sydney Street and Delaine to Atwood to Magnolia Streets
- South Main Street: Wickenden Street to Packet Street
- Wayland Square: East Angel/Angel to Gano Street. Wayland from Angel to Pitman Streets
- Hope Street: Rochambeau to Blackstone Boulevard
- Wickenden/Ives: Wickenden at Benefit to Ives at Preston Street
- Thayer Street: Meeting Street to Bowen Streets