Public Workshop: Bike Providence – A Bicycling Master Plan for Providence
Mayor Angel Taveras, the Providence Department of Planning and Development, the Providence Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission, and consultants VHB, Inc. are working to expand the bicycle network in Providence. Please join us at the Providence Foundation on December 13th to provide your input.[alert type=”muted”]WHERE: Commerce Center – Providence Foundation Auditorium
30 Exchange Terrace • Providence, Rhode Island[/alert] [alert type=”muted”]WHEN: Thursday, December 13th, 2012
5:00 p.m. Open House & Greeting
5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Presentation and Public Comment/Q&A[/alert]
For more information, contact Dave Everett at (401) 680-8520[alert type=”warning”]The website is live now:
Can’t attend, visit the project website
Workshop Program will include:
- Update of current Bike Network Phase I routes since 2006 implementation.
- On-going projects for improvements to the bike network.
- Outline of new bikeway design Standards & Guidelines – New Tools.
- Identification of network gaps and network deficiencies.
- Coordination with proposed City roadway resurfacing program.
- Initial list of Phase II Bike Network improvements.
- Rollout of project website and bike routing tracking smart phone app.
- Opportunities for Education and Encouragement initiatives.