January 18, 2017, 4:45 PM
Doorley Municipal Building
444 Westminster Street, First Floor, Providence, RI 02903[/box]
- Roll Call
- Approval of November Meeting Minutes (For Action)
- Approval of 2017 Meeting Calendar (For Action)
- Recommendations for improving the intersection of Elmwood Avenue and Atlantic Avenue – Elmwood – Wards 8 and 9 (For Action) – The Rhode Island Department of Transportation, in coordination with the City of Providence, has conducted a Road Safety Assessment (RSA) for the intersection of Elmwood and Atlantic avenues. The draft recommendations of the RSA are being presented to the Commission for initial review. If advanced in the future, this project will come back to the Commission for preliminary plan review.
- Discussion of bicycle and pedestrian safety issues on southern section of Elmwood Avenue – Lower South Elmwood – Wards 8 and 9 (For Discussion) – The Lower South Elmwood Neighborhood Association has requested to discuss issues regarding the safety of road users including bicyclists and pedestrians on Elmwood Avenue.
- Discussion of timeframe and next steps for automatic pedestrian signals – Citywide (For Discussion)
- Announcements and Staff Updates (For Discussion)