Completed by the City in August 2010, the modifications have produced the following results:
- Reduced collisions by 23 percent over a one-year period (compared to the previous five-year average)
- Motorists traveling over the speed limit have declined by more than 60 percent
- Top-end speeders (people traveling 10 or more miles over the speed limit) have fallen by 90 percent
- The 85th percentile speed dropped from 40 mph and 44 mph westbound and eastbound to 33 mph and 33 Westbound and Eastbound. This is an 18 and a 24% reduction in speed.
- Traffic volumes remain roughly the same with no evidence of traffic diversion.
So LIKE for street safety and LIKE for Nickerson Street being a safer place now!