Downtown Design Review Committee Notice of Regular MeetingMonday, Febraury 12, 2018 – 4:45pm
Doorley Municipal Building
444 Westminster Street, 1st Floor Conference Room Providence, RI 02903
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Special Meeting Minutes of January 22, 2018
1. DRC Application No. 17.24: 276 and 290 Westminster Street (Wit and Lapham Buildings) – Proposal by Cornish Associates to conduct exterior alterations to the Wit and Lapham Buildings, as part of their conversion to mixed-use buildings. The project received conceptual approval at the June 12, 2017 DDRC Meeting.
2. DRC Application No. 17.25: 270 Westminster (Trayne Building) – Proposal by Cornish Associates to conduct exterior alterations to the Trayne Building, and to construct a new 4-story addition on the east elevation, as part of its conversion to a mixed-use building. The project received conceptual approval at the June 12, 2017 DDRC Meeting.
3. DRC Application No. 17.18: Garrahy Courthouse Parking Structure: Intersection of Richmond, Friendship & Clifford Streets – Proposal by the Rhode Island Convention Center Authority to construct a 1,250-car open parking structure with ground floor commercial, to be located on a vacant site at the intersection of Richmond, Friendship and Clifford Streets. The project site is currently used for surface parking. The project received conceptual approval at the May 8, 2017 DDRC Meeting.
4. DRC Application No. 18.03: 55 Dorrance Street (Woolworth Building) – Proposal by BankNewport to create a new entrance into the ground floor tenant space on the Westminster Street elevation of the building, and to install exterior signage.
5. DRC Application No. 18.04: 170 Westminster Street (Union Trust Company Building) – Proposal by Providence Capital III, LLC to construct a new penthouse on the roof of the building.
Other Business – Pre-Application Review
6. 131 Canal Street – Proposal to construct a new 11-story mixed-use building on the site, which is currently used for surface parking. This item is for discussion only. No action will be taken by the DRC at this meeting.
7. RIPTA Downtown Transit Connector (DTC) Shelter Design – Proposal by the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) to install ten (10) new bus shelters as part of the DTC project.