Providence City Plan Commission Notice of Regular MeetingTuesday, September 18, 2018 – 4:45pm
Joseph Doorley Municipal Building, 1st Floor Meeting Room 444 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of minutes from the August 21, 2018 meeting – for action
- Director’s Report
City Council Referral
1. Referral 3438 – Petition to amend the zoning ordinance to allow Day Care Centers by right in the M-MU zone – Petitioner: One Neighborhood Builders – Amendment of table 12-1: Use Matrix of the zoning ordinance to allow day care use by right in the M-MU 75 zone.
2. Referral 3436 – Petition to rezone certain lots from R-2 to C-2 – Petitioner: 8th Investment LLC – The petitioner is proposing to rezone 14-16 and 18 Eighth Street and 25 Ninth Street from R-2 to C-2 – for action (AP 91 Lots 153, 159, 162, Hope)
3. Referral 3437 – Petition to rezone 38 Bath Street from M-1 to M-MU 90 – Petitioner: Allen Cohen – The petitioner is proposing to rezone 38 Bath Street from M-1 to M-MU 90 – for action (AP 67 Lot 274)
4. Ninth Ward Renewal Plan – Amendment to the Ninth Ward Renewal Plan to acquire property at 1197-1201 Broad Street – for action
Land Development Project – Public Informational Meeting
5. Case No. 17-020MA – 37-47 Elmwood Avenue (Master Plan) – The applicant is seeking master plan approval for construction of a two story commercial building in the C-2 zone and Transit Oriented Development (TOD) overlay that will provide retail space, offices and a banquet facility in the basement. Associated parking and landscaping will be provided. The applicant is requesting an approximately five foot dimensional adjustment from the TOD overlay’s front yard setback for a portion of the building and an adjustment from the 60 percent build to percentage requirement.
The allowed maximum width of a building entrance is eight feet and the applicant is proposing entrances of approximately 14 feet, which requires a design waiver from the width of building entrances. The TOD overlay requires a minimum ground floor height of 14 feet. The applicant is requesting a waiver to provide 12 feet. A waiver from the 70 percent front façade transparency requirement is also requested. The applicant may request additional waivers at the meeting – for action (AP 30 Lots 267 and 570, West End)