I-195 Redevelopment District Commission MeetingA regular meeting of the I-195 Redevelopment District Commission will be held at Rhode Island Commerce Corporation, 315 Iron Horse Way, Suite 101, Providence, Rhode Island, on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2018, beginning at 5:00 P.M., for the following purposes:
I. Public Session
- Welcoming remarks by Chairperson Davis.
- Approval of the minutes of the Commission meeting held on October 4, 2018.
- Executive Director’s report on Commission activities.
- Discussion on the proposed 2019 Commission meeting schedule.
- Presentation on the Downtown Transit Connector by Greg Nordin of RIPTA.
- Presentation on the proposed development guidelines for Parcels 14, 27, 28, 37, 34, 35, and 41, (followed by public comment).*
- Vote to consider adoption of the proposed development guidelines for Parcels 14, 27, 28, 37, 34, 35, and 41.
- Discussion regarding the issuance of a Request for Proposals for Parcel 28.
- Discussion on the proposed development by The Fane Organization on a portion of District Parcels 42 and P4.
- Discussion regarding extension to December 31, 2018 of both Level 2 Approval and the due diligence period and regarding terms of Purchase Agreement with The Fane Organization and votes regarding these matters.
- Chairperson’s Report/Agenda for next meeting on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 5:00 P.M.
- Vote to Adjourn.
II. Executive Session (Newport Room)
To consider and act upon such matters as may be considered at a meeting closed to the public pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws, Section 42-46-5 (the Open Meetings Law) and 42- 64.14-6(i) (the I-195 Act), specifically matters relating to the sale of District real estate where the discussion in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Commission with the other parties to the negotiation.
III. Public Session
* A copy of the proposed development guidelines can be found on the District’s website: 195district.com .