From the Facebook event page:
7:30am – 9:30am
With spring in the air, the City of Providence and the RI Bicycle Coalition invite you to celebrate Bike to Work Day as part of National Bike Month.
Free coffee and food will be provided to participants. Other activities include:
- Bike demos
- Bike-powered charging station for your electronics
- Photo booth
- Information from community organizations and local vendors
Mayor Elorza is excited to demonstrate his support for bike commuting by leading one of the six bike trains to Bike to Work Day! Join one of these 1-3 mile trains starting in different locations across the city. Meet your bike train leaders at one of the following stops at 7:30am to bike downtown together.
- Train 1 starting location: Neutaconkanut Recreation Center – Mayor Elorza’s train!
- Train 2 starting location: Mount Pleasant High School
- Train 3 starting location: Lippitt Park
- Train 4 starting location: Roger Williams Park
- Train 5 starting location: Wayland Square
- Train 6 starting location: Coventry Bike Path– intermediate level – captains will also lead a ride home at the end of the work day