From the City of Providence:
PopUp Providence is now accepting applications for Year 3 until March 11, 2015
Click HERE for everything you need to apply.
What is PopUp Providence?
PopUp Providence is an award-winning, urban place-making program that introduces interactive, artistic and cultural displays and interventions throughout the City’s 25 neighborhoods. The program supports quick, temporary and inexpensive interventions that engage residents, workers and visitors of all ages, and enliven the city.
How is PopUp Providence funded?
The Providence Redevelopment Agency dedicated $150,000 for the program in October 2013, in the amount of $50,000/year, for a period three years (2013-2015).
What qualifies as a PopUp?
Installations must fall within one of the following categories:
- PopUp PLAYSPACE: Indoor or outdoor, recreation or activity-based, projects that promote physical interaction.
- PopUp PARKLET: On-street parking spaces that are repurposed for public space.
- PopUp ART: A display of any artistic medium that is appropriate for a public setting, and directly responds to the community in which it is located.
- PopUp SHOP: Vacant storefronts that are repurposed for community, retail or commercial purposes.
- PopUp AMENITY: Enhancements to the public realm, for exclusive use by the public (e.g. seating, landscaping, bicycle parking, lighting).