|Providence Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission Meeting
January 23, 2013, 4:30 PM
444 Westminster Street, First Floor
Note: Meeting is Wednesday instead of Monday due to the Martin Luther King Day holiday. Also, meetings start at 4:30pm now rather than 4 o’clock.
- 4:30 – Nate Urso, Providence Department of Public Works: Crosswalks, Street Repaving, Policy, and Safety (Nate will also give a brief update on the status of the Road Bond repaving in general)
- 4:55 – Dave Everett: Bike Plan Update and BPAC input on potential road bond bicycle improvements (Melrose, Prairie, Potters, Olney) and review of typical sections. Also plans for draft report and stakeholder meeting in Feb.
- 5:05 – Public comment.
- 5:20 – Discussion/letter re DOT bikeway plans (master list for bike plan)
- 5:25 – Jef Nickerson: S. Main St. merchant issues re pedestrian access/movement relative to I-Way parcels
- 5:30 – Jenn Steinfeld/Jef Nickerson: BPAC communications update/protocol for receiving input
- 5:40 – Bridge detours update
- 5:45 – Zip Car spaces and potential bike lane conflicts
- 5:55 – Rescheduling BPAC meetings now scheduled for May 20, August 19, November 18, December 16
Full disclosure: I am a member of this Commission.