Downtown Design Review Committee MeetingMonday, September 9, 2019, 4:45 PM
Doorley Municipal Building, 444 Westminster Street, First Floor, Providence, RI 02903
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Meeting Minutes of July 8, 2019
1. DRC Application No. 19.28: 144 Dyer Street (Dyer Street Substation) – Public Hearing – The subject of the hearing will be an application by The Narragansett Electric Company requesting a waiver from Providence Zoning Ordinance Section 604.C.4, Fences and Walls, which limits the height of fences to six feet in height. As per Section 604.C.4, the DDRC is authorized to grant a waiver to the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance relating to fences and walls. The applicant is proposing to install an approximately ten foot high security fence at 144 Dyer Street.
2. DRC Application No. 19.30: 45 Weybosset Street (Hall’s Building) & DRC Application No. 19.31: 94 Washington Street (G.C. Arnold Building) – Proposal by the Avenue Concept to apply paint to unpainted exterior masonry walls of both buildings for future mural installations.
3. DRC Application No. 19.32: 125 Clifford Street (I-195 Redevelopment District Parcel 28) – Proposal by EM 28 Providence, LLC to construct a new building consisting of 249 residential units, ground floor retail, and on-site parking. The DDRC will conceptually review the project and make a recommendation to the I- 195 Redevelopment District Commission regarding the building design.
Other Business – Pre-Applicaiton Review
4. 151-155 Chestnut Street – Proposal by Providence Chestnut 1, LLC to demolish the existing buildings and construct a new 12-story building, consisting of 148 residential units and ground floor retail. This item is for discussion only. No action will be taken by the DDRC at this meeting, nor will public comment be taken. The public will have an opportunity to comment once a formal application has been submitted.