Tag Archives | Eddy Street
From the Providence Department of Planning and Development:
Request for Proposals for a Lighting Installation for the Eddy Street Underpass
Project Background and Context
The City of Providence is soliciting creative designs for a lighting installation that would activate and enhance the safety and visual appeal of the Eddy Street underpass. The improvement of this space through unique artistic design would not only make the underpass significantly safer and more inviting for pedestrians, but it would also define a sense of place, effectively connecting the City’s emerging Hospital District with the more established, pedestrian-friendly Jewelry District. Activation of this space provides a significant opportunity to establish a well-designed, identifiable connection between these two vital districts, while promoting a safe, pedestrian-oriented environment. Furthermore, this project allows for an exciting opportunity to utilize the abundant local artistic talent, further enhancing the identity of Providence as “The Creative Capital.”
I. Public Session
Call to Order: The Chairperson
- Welcome by Chairperson: Chairperson Colin Kane.
- Approval of the Minutes of the Commission Meeting Held on February 3, 2014.
- Executive Director’s Report – Review of Activities During Past Month/Action Plan and Target Activities March – April, 2014.
- Discussion of Proposed Agreement with Providence Flea LLC Regarding Use of Parcel 1A and Vote to Approve.
- Presentation by City of Providence Regarding Status of Providence Streetcar Federal Funding Application.
- Discussion of Petition of One Shipyard LLC to City of Providence to Abandon a Portion of Eddy Street Abutting Parcels 22 and 25 and Vote to Object.
- Public Hearing Regarding Fees to be Charged to Potential Purchasers of District Properties and Vote to Adopt.
- Presentation by Jones Land LaSalle Regarding Strategies to Market District Properties.
- Performance Review of Executive Director.
- Chairman’s Report – Review of Activities in Past Month and Proposed Future Activities/Tentative Agenda for April 21, 2014 Meeting.
- Vote to Adjourn.
II. Executive Session
To consider and act upon such matters as may be considered at a meeting closed to the public pursuant to R.I.G.L. Chapter 42-46 (the Open Meetings Act), specifically matters to be so considered under subsection (1) (discussion of job performance) of § 42-46-5(a) of the Open Meetings Act.
III. Public Session
This sign is probably not a new RIDOT standard design, but is helpful nonetheless.
Reader submitted photo.